Sun, 1 October 2006
Text: Philippians 3:7-11
Listen to Pastor Thad Blount as he brings us part 2 of Paul's Jailhouse Sermon.
* gain - the word refers to an advantage or receiving a benefit.
* count - is a mathematical term describing a person who has made a calculation and drawn a conclusion. In the immediate context it is not a one time calculation but something repeated over and over.
* surpassing value - to hold above; to be superior in rank; it describes something that is far better.
* knowing - refers to knowledge through experience. The word gnosis (knowledge) refers to a personal or more intimate knowledge.
* rubbish - dung; street filth; waste. Rubbish refers to that which is worthless.