Sun, 20 December 2009
Text: Ephesians 4:1
Principle # 1-The supreme objective of the church is to Glorify God:
*By Submitting to His plan
*By Acknowledging His provision
*By Trusting His protection
Principle # 2- God desires that we (the church) live a balanced life.
* Worthy-is a word describing “equal weight.” In other words, there is to be a balance in our lives. We are not only to know and understand who we are in Christ and the priceless blessings of being a Christian, but we are to walk in right relationship to our calling all for His glory!
* This idea of being balanced (calling and conduct) is throughout the writings of Paul.
* Philippians 1:27- “walk in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ…”
* Colossians 1:9-10
* I Thessalonians 2:12: “…walk in a manner worthy of the God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.”
The Keys to Balance:
Humility-to think low; modest; without arrogance.
* Gentleness-not consumed with self-importance; meek. It is a word that describes a person who has consideration for others.
* Patience-long-tempered; the ability to endure without retaliation.
* Forbearance-show tolerance; to bear up under the faults of others.Application:
* What areas in my life are out of balance?
* What relationships suffer the most during my inconsistency?
* What key component is most challenging in my life?
Category:sermons -- posted at: 9:30am CST