Sun, 31 August 2008
Text: Colossians 3:1-4; 12-14
Paul writes to believers telling them what is important to us as believers and as the body of Christ.
1. Compassion-describes a person having a sensitivity toward others.
Two Keys to Compassion:
*Cannot be haughty
*Cannot be isolated from others
2. Kindness-describes a person with a helpful spirit which seeks to meet the needs of others.
3. Humility-to think lowly; the esteeming of one’s self as small.
“True humility is evidenced in the subjection of self under the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ.” - Vines
4. Gentleness-in the New Testament is used of genuine consideration for others.
5. Patience-a state of calm and quietness in the face of a difficult circumstance.
“Continue to put up with others, remembering the Lord’s longsuffering with you.” Spurgeon
6. Bearing with one another-means to put up with someone; to hold out in spite of complaints or indifference.
I Corinthians 4:12- “and we toil, working with our own hands; when we are reviled, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure…”
7. Forgiveness-to release from a debt. To give freely and unconditionally or to bestow as a gift of grace.
*It means we are not to bring up to the person whom we have forgiven the thing we forgave.
*That we do not tell anybody about the matter that is forgiven.
8. Love-refers to our seeking to do for others. This would include helping those within the body for the purpose of demonstrating and maintaining unity.
Mon, 25 August 2008
Springville Road Bible Institute
This is the second lesson in a study of the book of Revelation. Your instructor is Pastor George Maronge of Deerfoot Community Bible Church . The class is taught on Monday nights at 7:30 at Springville Road Community Church.
Sun, 24 August 2008
Text: Matthew 7:13-
As the seasons change from Summer to Fall to Winter to Spring there are changes in the weather and in the leaves and the temperature. While change may be coming for Springville Road Community Church we know that the Lord is in control.
1) We stand on Christ the Solid Rock. While the road is wide that leads to destruction the way is narrow that leads to life.
2) It is relationship that sustains us during the winds of change.
3) Jesus warns us to be aware of false prophets and we need to be aware of the signs of warning.
4) We also need know that we have a responsibility.
Mon, 18 August 2008
Springville Road Bible Institute
This is the first lesson in a study of the book of Revelation. Your instructor is Pastor George Maronge of Deerfoot Community Bible Church . The class is taught on Monday nights at 7:30 at Springville Road Community Church.
The notes for the class may be downloaded here.
Sun, 17 August 2008
Text: Ephesians 5:18
What is missing in the life of some Christians today is a clear biblical understanding of the Holy Spirit. There are four main areas of ministry of the Holy Spirit.
1) Ministry of Regeneration
2) Ministry of Baptism
3) The Holy Spirit indwells the believer.
4) Ministry of Sealing
1) Walk worthy (Eph. 4:1)
2) Walk not as the gentiles (Eph. 4:17)
3) Walk in love (Eph. 5:1)
4) We were once dead (Eph. 5:14)
5) Be careful how you walk (Eph. 5:17-18)
Submitting - to one another and to the Lord. (see also Phil. 2)
Our lives impact others all the time and we need help.
Sun, 3 August 2008
Text: John 17:13-21
Listen as Rob Caine brings us a message about our Mission as Christians.