Sun, 29 October 2006
Text: Psalm 139
Youth Pastor Rob Caine and the youth of Springville Road speak of being "right" with God. Rob looks at four areas that we need to examine ourselves and determine if we are right with God. (Note: This service was a concert of prayer and between each sermon topic was a time of prayer and singing lead by the youth. Due to time constraints and audio quality the prayer time and singing have been removed from this audio file. If you have problems using the built-in player on the left side of this page please select direct download and use Quicktime, Windows Media Player or other MP3 player of your choice.)
Sun, 22 October 2006
Text: Acts 14:19-22
Pastor Thad Blount speaks on how we have the privilege to grow in our relationship with Christ every day (Colossians 2:6-7). To see how you measure up in your growth look at the following areas:
Wed, 18 October 2006
Just what is AWANA and why do we have an AWANA program on Wednesday nights at Springville Road Community Church? Watch this Video to find out.
Category:AWANA -- posted at: 5:30pm CDT
Sun, 15 October 2006
Text: Luke 5:1-11
Listen to Pastor Thad Blount as we evaluate whether we are a disciple or a volunteer. This sermon looks at outreach worldwide, locally and on a personal level. Personal outreach is very important as we see from the example of Peter in Luke chapter 5. We see that the Lord Jesus wants disciples and not volunteers. A disciple is there no matter the cost and we must be submissive to the Lord.
Sun, 1 October 2006
Text: Philippians 3:7-11
Listen to Pastor Thad Blount as he brings us part 2 of Paul's Jailhouse Sermon.
* gain - the word refers to an advantage or receiving a benefit.
* count - is a mathematical term describing a person who has made a calculation and drawn a conclusion. In the immediate context it is not a one time calculation but something repeated over and over.
* surpassing value - to hold above; to be superior in rank; it describes something that is far better.
* knowing - refers to knowledge through experience. The word gnosis (knowledge) refers to a personal or more intimate knowledge.
* rubbish - dung; street filth; waste. Rubbish refers to that which is worthless.